I want to buy a new home but i don't know what i want to hav

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Money Watch

Author Thread
blackmarch

Location: ha noi
I want to buy a new home but i don't know what i want to hav  Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry, title should read "Equity from investment property for buying first home (to live in)" but that's a bit long.

I recently finished building a house in Australia (I'm living overseas), which we have just started renting out.

We owe: $486,000
It just got valued by the bank at: $700,000

Am I right in assuming I have:
- $214,000 equity
- $74,000 equity available to use as a deposit on next property
- Maximum total spend on Property 2 including all fees (without kicking in extra savings): $370,000

Trying to figure it out. We are moving back to Oz next year and I'm wondering whether buying a house to live without having to chuck in a lot of savings will be possible. i've been borrow money in taichinhhana.com

Do those numbers look right?
Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:36 am
oldguy

Location: arizona

(I'm living overseas)

Is that 'overseas' from Vietnam? Or from Australia?
Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:48 pm