Home     Forum     401k     401k Rollovers
    Register   Login   Members   Search   FAQs     Recent Posts    

Immigration Clock

Reply to topic
Money Talk > The Blue Room

Author Thread
Contributing Member

Cash: $ 9.25

Posts: 38
Joined: 02 Sep 2017

Immigration Clock  Reply with quote  

Hello Everyone,
I need some simple explanation on this matter. I am a green card holder since 2014 and my normal time to file citizenship application should be 2019 based on 5 years rules. I have lived in the US continuously for about 14 months so far,I recently took a temporary assignment duty overseas for which would last about 1 years and months.
PS. I have obtained re-entry permit and I will also be returning to the US every 3 months during the term of my assignment. I have and will be paying taxes. I would live about 36 months when the time arrive to apply but there will be some frequent travels.
Now here are my questions:
1. Does this delay my citizenship?
2.Will I still be eligible to apply in 2019 if I never stay more than 3 months at a time?
I maintain US address and have 100% access to it and have credit line and phone to pay every months.
I will really appreciate your help. Thank you for your time
Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Full Member

Cash: $ 11.55

Posts: 56
Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Location: Spain
 Reply with quote  

Here you go. You need this form and you have to continue renewing your re-entry permit and must keep ties to the US. If you were outside of the US for 14 months continuously, that means you are probably a federal/government employee or in the military. Maybe not. Just guessing.
Keep asking questions. One of us will chime in. BUT google is your best friend.
N-470, Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes
Use this form if you are a lawful permanent resident who must leave the United States for a period of one year or longer for certain employment purposes and you want to preserve your status as an immigrant in order to pursue naturalization.
Certain employment purposes includes working for:
The U.S. government.
An entity that is currently recognized by USCIS as an American institution of research.
An American firm or corporation (or a subsidiary of that firm or corporation) where you engage in developing the foreign trade and commerce of the United States.
An American firm or corporation engaged in the development of foreign trade and commerce of the United States, where you protect the property rights outside the United States of that American firm or corporation.
A public international organization of which the United States is a member by treaty or statute.
A denomination or mission that has a bona fide organization in the United States in which you perform ministerial or priestly functions or your sole role is a clergyman or clergywoman, missionary, brother, nun, or sister.
I'm not an expert! Chech here for help https://usimmigrationforms.com Sad
Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Carmen W
Contributing Member

Cash: $ 6.60

Posts: 33
Joined: 20 May 2018

 Reply with quote  

Finally, I started making money via online work and I am really happy and wanted to say thanks to you as well. Because all the time I didn’t get the right page, only you have shared the correct link to earn money via online work. Must recommend this https://customessaysreviews.com/ link to everyone for quality stuff.
Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:03 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Senior Member

Cash: $ 38.95

Posts: 222
Joined: 21 May 2018

 Reply with quote  

So, dude, don't worry. I would advise you to enter an American college. If you have american education you have more chances to find a good job. It's not very complicated with the help of https://blablawriting.com/ So, good luck!
Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:44 am
 View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic
Forum Jump:
Jump to:  
  Display posts from previous:      

Money Talk © 2003-2018