Should some credit unions lose their tax exempt status?

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Money Watch

Author Thread
LottomagicZ4941

Location: Earth
Should some credit unions lose their tax exempt status?  Reply with quote

They seem to behaving more like regular banks and not standing true to their charters.

Think it is time that at least some of them lose their tax exempt status.

Non promotional Facebook Jail regular forum inquiry
Promotional post in advert section for new Facebook group for those building a downline
Post Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

If Credit Unions don't charge their members fees like banks do, I think they should get some breaks. But they do need to follow their charters as well.

Post Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 pm
oldguy

Location: arizona

Depends on how you lookk at it - right now Morgan-Chase has a really good tax write-off for 2012. No CU gets that! Very Happy
Post Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 pm

I still prefer paying no fees though, lol. Smile

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:35 am
LottomagicZ4941

Location: Earth

Originally posted by payment proof
I still prefer paying no fees though, lol. Smile

This issue may make my next flyer. Perhaps the for profit banks will be more liberal in letting me print fliers for free;) Do to not the best credit I'm stuck with Chase who treated me very poorly when I had unathorized activity on my account. Basically they said it was my fault for using a pin. Did land an account at a credit union but they force me to have a pin so haven't set up checking yet with them.

Non promotional Facebook Jail regular forum inquiry
Promotional post in advert section for new Facebook group for those building a downline
Post Thu May 24, 2012 7:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
james45

Location: United States of America

I agree with you. Now is the time for some of them to lose their tax exempt status for a change.

No fake signatures - thanks
Post Wed May 30, 2012 12:46 pm
LottomagicZ4941

Location: Earth

Originally posted by james45
I agree with you. Now is the time for some of them to lose their tax exempt status for a change.

No fake signatures - thanks

Non promotional Facebook Jail regular forum inquiry
Promotional post in advert section for new Facebook group for those building a downline
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:01 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rsacs01

If Credit Unions behave like commercial banks, charge fees like commercial banks, then they're not true Credit Unions and should be treated as such. I have a credit union and an online bank and both have treated me well. The second my local Chase started to asses fees to their "free checking", I bailed. I see a trend in how banks struture their "free accounts" and they're not so free anymore.
Here's an article on the subject:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444032404578010631476813890.html
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 pm
LottomagicZ4941

Location: Earth

Originally posted by rsacs01
If Credit Unions behave like commercial banks, charge fees like commercial banks, then they're not true Credit Unions and should be treated as such. I have a credit union and an online bank and both have treated me well. The second my local Chase started to asses fees to their "free checking", I bailed. I see a trend in how banks struture their "free accounts" and they're not so free anymore.
Here's an article on the subject:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444032404578010631476813890.html

Guess someone I won't name just in case I'm wrong about who they are got some big fines for misleading people into buying account protections or something like that.

Sometimes life causes people to have dings on their credit and they get trapped where they can't switch accounts.

Non promotional Facebook Jail regular forum inquiry
Promotional post in advert section for new Facebook group for those building a downline
Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger