reporting spammers to moderators

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Admin Desk

Author Thread
soybean

Location: Ohio
reporting spammers to moderators  Reply with quote

Does this forum have a way for members to report spammers to moderators? On other forums that I use, members can contact moderators/administrators by clicking on a special button/link in a forum discussion. I don't see such a feature here.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:31 pm

No, there's no "report post" button. phpBB2 is the script engine behind this forum and if memory serves, it doesn't support that feature. But it's not necessary anyway. If you send a pm with a link to the objectionable thread or post to a moderator, it will normally be acted upon within 24 hours. I suggest you send it either to me or to Sime. (Sime is deputy administrator).

Of course, the final decision of what is spam and what isn't rests with the staff.

~Tim~
Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm
soybean

Location: Ohio

OK, thanks. I'll be sending a PM very soon.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:37 pm
snakeair

Location: NJ, USA

Tell this forums admin to upgrade there PHPbb version to 3.0.9

It has a report post feature.
Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:57 pm
Sime

Location: United Kingdom

Yes we are aware of the advantages of phpbb 3x but at this time we are not planning to make an upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Not all countries can afford... a lavish monarchy.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:47 am
LottomagicZ4941

Location: Earth

Originally posted by Sime
Yes we are aware of the advantages of phpbb 3x but at this time we are not planning to make an upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion though.

So what are the disadvantages?

Non promotional Facebook Jail regular forum inquiry
Promotional post in advert section for new Facebook group for those building a downline
Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

This is a highly customized board. I don't know the answer, but I'm guessing it's most likely because the database can't be readily converted. The script would have to modified, too.

I was a member of one forum that had an image gallery. When that forum upgraded from phpBB2 to phpBB3, they lost the whole gallery. Never did get it back.

~Tim~
Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:00 pm