Private message notifications

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Introductions

Private message notifications  Reply with quote

New members:

New private message notifications are alerted using a pop-up window. Please configure your pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups on this site. Pop-ups are used for nothing else except pm alerts.

Thank you.

~Tim~
Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks a bunch for this post!! I wasn't seeing the pop up before.

This is a big help.

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:47 am
globaldoc2001

I also noticed that. Thank you so much.
Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:39 am
Sime

Location: United Kingdom

Stickied! Welcome back coaster.

Not all countries can afford... a lavish monarchy.
Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks, Simon. Wink

What Sime is referring to is I lost my ISP for most of the day yesterday due to severe weather.

~Tim~
Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:10 pm
eastmn

What to do with messages still in my outbox, never sent/received? Some have been there for months.

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:57 am

You mean never read? When it's read it moves from your outbox to your sentbox. I just delete them when I get around to it. Six months or so, I suppose.

~Tim~
Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 am
eastmn

No, when you first write an message, it goes into the outbox until received. My outbox has a few that were never received (never opened by other member).

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:19 am
Sime

Location: United Kingdom

That's what coaster just explained. It means the recipient has never read them. As to what you do with them is entirely up to you. Keep them, delete them, keep them, delete them.

Not all countries can afford... a lavish monarchy.
Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:25 pm
eastmn

Oh, okay, thanks.... so I'm not the only one with unopened PMs...

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm

I have to modify my OP slightly. I said that pop-ups are used for nothing else but pm notification on this site. That's still true with respect to the functionalties of the forum platform. However, I've noticed that some of the ad banners have roll-over hot spots that bring up a pop-up window. The banners with the pop-ups are flagged as such, so their pop-ups are easy to avoid if you know about it. Thus the reason for this addendum. Wink

~Tim~
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:04 am