Help needed PLEASE

Location: Burnley
Help needed PLEASE  Reply with quote

I am desperate for some advice and i'm hoping somebody can help me out on here. I was approved for a mortgage 5 weeks ago. My deposit on the property is due in 2 weeks. I have been let down by a family member and i am therefore 2k short on my deposit. My only option is to get a personal loan but i'm worried that the mortgage company will find out i have taken out the loan and withdraw the mortage offer. Is that a possible scenario ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:18 pm

I don't think a mortgage that's been approved can be withdrawn after the fact based on NEW information that post-dates the approval, unless it's specifically written into the contract.

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 am

Are you sure you want to go more in debt for your mortgage? I'm just curious because it may be better to save the money since you already are approved. At least that's what I would do in your situation.
Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Location: California

If its only $2000 that you are short, I think that it is still worth using credit. Make sure that you can afford to make payments on the house, the line of credit and all of your other bills before making a final decision. Good luck!
Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm