do the rich benefit our economy?

mondee

Location: america
do the rich benefit our economy?  Reply with quote

can you tell me as many reasons as you can on how the rich benefit our economy? i also would appreciate if you could tell me 3 main reasons why you rich deserve every single penny you own. thanks!
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:52 am

I think the second question pretty much reveals the viewpoint you already hold on the topic.

Without rich people, EVERYONE would be poor, and there would be NO HOPE for anyone to ever get rich. Anyone who's content to be poor, who has no hope for a better future, who has no desire to take advantage of opportunity to better their lot in life, who isn't willing to work hard and reap the fruits of their rewards, then those persons have no use for the rich.

No one deserves anything in life but the opportunity to live and to make the best of that life. That's the only thing they deserve. And if they're successful in doing that, why begrudge them their success?

~Tim~
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:00 am
duckman

Location: Illinois

The "rich" don't deserve a single penny of my money, maybe you meant to say something different. The rich deserve every penny they legally earn.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:52 pm
Avino

When I was growing up with my mom and younger brothers, we all lived in the projects of Jackson Heights, NY and my mom was on welfare, it was the only way at the time she could raise us.

Today, two of us are college graduates, the third is in college. I bought my first home last year, and we are looking at buying a second home this year. We already own a house in the Dominican Republic, a small restaurant in New York and are looking into buying a second business. We employ five workers and pay taxes. I don't consider myself rich by any standards, but I do plan to be there one day.

But as for your three reasons:

1) We pay taxes
2) We employ workers, who get paid and also pay taxes
3) Every penny we own, we have earned through our own education and trial and error.

There was no one trying to put us down or somehow conspiring to keep us poor, I think those are lies that people tell themselves when they don't want to face the fact that they are themselves the only reason they are not progressing.

~A.

Also blogging @ avinos2cents.blogspot.com
Post Fri May 02, 2008 8:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

A fine post from a proud and noble American who earned his way up the ladder by hard work and deserves every reward he gets.

~Tim~
Post Sat May 03, 2008 1:40 am
No-Brainer

Location: Oregon USA

Hmmmm . . . how many people does Bill Gates employ at Microsoft?

Ummm . . . have any of them gone on to become millionaires themselves?

A Unique Twist on Traffic Exchanges
Free Cash As A BONUS!
Post Tue May 06, 2008 1:02 pm
Tax Liens

Location: Greenbrier, TN

Yes, rich people do add to the benefit of the economy by using their wealth to create more wealth. In this process they create jobs, promote innovation, and bring to society. However wealth has great power in the free market economy and can be used to exploit others. Hence rich are beneficial to society as long as they have their ethics in place.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:37 am
GaryT

Simply put, the top 1% wealthiest in America pay more taxes than the remaining 99%.. so you can thank them for all your schools and other government buildings/services Smile
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 pm
C9Consulting

I think if you work hard enough, you should get paid for it. I started my own company at 20...so if I make enough money to become wealthy(by the time I retire) then good for me.

I surely didn't start off rich which is to say that the majority of millionaires are 1st generation rich. So that means that the rich weren't always rich. All that to say, the question to start the thread is a tad lopsided.

Because if if my company grows to millions in two years does that mean that in those two years...I lost my way of benefiting the economy. So I guess a better question should be, "how do those who are rich and didn't have to work for it, benefiting our company?" Just a thought.
Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 am