national flat sales tax need to be

Elmira Nancy

national flat sales tax need to be  Reply with quote

How high would a national flat sales tax have to be to cover the revenue loss if we were to eliminate the IRS and income taxes in general?

IE- In callifornia right now sales tax is 8.25%...would it have to go to 25%? Higher?

http://www.homestead-llc.com
Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:28 am

Good luck coming up with a number. Rolling Eyes

You might check the Heritage Foundation's website. They've done quite a bit of study on taxes.

Though I suggest you get your terminology straight, because you use the words "flat sales tax" and when "flat tax" is mentioned, it's usually in reference to an income tax.

~Tim~
Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:01 am
No-Brainer

Location: Oregon USA

We already have a flat sales tax in Oregon where I live, it's ZERO and I like that.

A Unique Twist on Traffic Exchanges
Free Cash As A BONUS!
Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:20 pm