Moving to a New Server

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Money Talk > Admin Desk

Author Thread
Andrew
Admin

Location: Texas
Moving to a New Server  Reply with quote

Just a quick note to let you know that I will be moving the website to a faster server soon. I'm thinking that the weekend will probably be the best time, as the activity is slightly lower. A probable time is this weekend.

To avoid loss of posts, I'll need to disable the forums while the database is transfered, so don't be alarmed if the board is closed, or if you are unable to post for a while. I'm going to try to keep the limbo period to a minimum. Some may be able see the new server within minutes, for some it will be a few hours.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.

Last edited by Andrew on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:52 am
MattL

Going dedicated?

Debt Elimination
Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:14 pm
Andrew
Admin

Location: Texas

It's going from a dedicated server to a much faster dedicated server (along with my other sites). Smile
Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:50 pm
Andrew
Admin

Location: Texas

Here we are!

Server move is done. Please let me know if you see any issues. Thanks.
Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:57 pm

Very nice work -- a fast, successful move, and the site responds wonderfully!!

~Tim~
Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:18 pm
JamesKim

OH ANDREW! Hi HI. is it possible for you to change my user name?
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Did you send him a pm, Jim?

~Tim~
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:33 pm
JamesKim

yeah
Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:53 am

If you try to email him instead, don't use the email button under his posts -- that's an old address. Use the one that your notifications come from.

~Tim~
Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:56 am

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.