Looking for a cheap copy of TurboTax deluxe

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Taxes

Author Thread
Stromprophet

Location: Indiana
Looking for a cheap copy of TurboTax deluxe  Reply with quote

This may not be the right forum, but I rarely post in the other forums.

Anyway, I'm looking for a cheap copy of turbo tax deluxe, it's 45 bucks at BB and I'm not spending that.

Would Fidelity, or American Funds be able to provide me a copy for download since I am a client? (My IRA and 401k)

Any help would be great, thanks.
Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:05 pm

Oof. I see Intuit raised prices this year. TurboTax is $39.88 at Walmart. TaxCut is $24.96. No, you won't get any free copies of TurboTax. Smile

Intuit offers an on-line version for $29.95. I refuse to let my financial information be stored on someone else's server, however.

Moving to the tax forum. Wink

~Tim~
Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:18 pm
Nishima

Location: North Carolina
TurboTax  Reply with quote

Check to see if you have any benefits through your employer or investment companies.

I had already efiled my taxes with Turbotax 2 years ago and then found out that if I simply went to their website through a link on my 401K companies (Vanguard) website, I could have done my taxes for 1/2 price.

If I ever get to $250,000 in my 401k, they'll let me do it for free.
Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:36 pm
efflandt

Location: Elgin, IL USA

Fidelity does have complementary access to TurboTax Online Premier for "Active Traders" (120 trades/yr and $25k in assets). But it takes 500 trades/yr ($4000 or more in trade fees!) to qualify for TurboTax Deluxe software package.

I have enough trades to qualify for Active Trader Pro software, but not enough to qualify for online TurboTax.
Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:39 am
No-Brainer

Location: Oregon USA

Just curious, but couldn't you split the cost by getting a few friends together that wanted to use it on your computer? Maybe even have you help them.

I know you can't pass it around, but can more than one set of taxes be done on the same computer?

A Unique Twist on Traffic Exchanges
Free Cash As A BONUS!
Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:59 pm
Nishima

Location: North Carolina
Taxslayer  Reply with quote

I used Taxslayer this year for my taxes. It was $10 for federal and state was free. I did them with Turbotax first and the numbers came up the same so I efiled with the less expensive one.

Cheers!
Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:58 pm
commanche

Re: Looking for a cheap copy of TurboTax deluxe  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stromprophet
This may not be the right forum, but I rarely post in the other forums.

Anyway, I'm looking for a cheap copy of turbo tax deluxe, it's 45 bucks at BB and I'm not spending that.

Would Fidelity, or American Funds be able to provide me a copy for download since I am a client? (My IRA and 401k)

Any help would be great, thanks.

i did mine through fidelity for half price, i wish it was free..
it was nice to be able to move your fidelity info to turbo tax,that was easy...
i had 20 pages of transaction costs and turbo downloaded it from fidelity....
Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:46 am
Sid

I agree with TaxSlayer - worked great.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:07 pm
twainwrong

Location: Buffalo

Is Taxslayer secure? i'm an information-theft phobe.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:50 am
efflandt

Location: Elgin, IL USA

I used TaxAct several years ago to free e-file when I got refunds. When I did my taxes this year on PDF fill-out forms first, I figured I was due for a small refund this year. So I checked out TurboTax, but the version I needed was sort of expensive even with Fidelity's 25% discount.

So I went back to TaxAct http://www.taxactonline.com/ and used that. Anyone with any income can free e-file federal, but I opted for the $9.95 because I think they retain records for next year filing, but they only save the filled out forms through October unless you pay extra to save the forms for 3 years. That is not an issue since I download and saved the filed forms.

I also went through the state there just so the records would be correct, but used Illinois' own site to free e-file state. I already received my state refund and federal should be in my account March 14th.
Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:46 am