The Nigerian Scam

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Personal Finance

Author Thread
Capitalist

The Nigerian Scam  Reply with quote

About a month ago, I received an email from a guy called Ahmed Noel regarding some money he wanted to smuggle outside his country.

My first answer was:

"Hey, I am very interested...send me the money...

You can write a check to my PO Box. Let me know if you
agree...Ok buddy?"

He answered me saying:
" Hello,
I must first of all thank you for getting back to me as i have been anticipating your responce pirior to now.
How do you do?. I hope and believe all is well with you.
I read your mail however brief it was i must say it wasnt clear. You dont expect me to just act as you say its most impossible.
Please if you are in any way actually interested please provide me with your full name(s) and a confidencial phone/fax numbers so i contact you and proceed with modalities i have in store for the excecution of this proposal
I anticipate your mail to clearify issues.
Regards,"

To which I answered by:

"Look! I've received this same email from different
sources many times, the only change was in the
sender's name.

If you want to work with me Noel, let me know. But I
need a retainer of $3,000.00 to be mailed to a PO Box
that I will provide you with if you agree.

My time is valuable and cannot be wasted on
philosophical writing. I am a business person and I
speak in figures.

Best of luck,"

I love the part where I wrote "Retainer" Very Happy

In the end he asked me for my phone #: "Please give me a number to contact you with first and please make sure its safe for me!!!!."

At the time of his last reply, I was busy with more important deals in life, so I quitted the game. However It was a funny one. I was just imagining what was going on in the mind of this guy or gal the first time I contacted them...RASH OF ADRENALINE...HAHAHAHA Sorry.
Post Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:25 am
BlankenshipFP
Money Talk Advisor

Location: Illinois

There's a website dedicated to scamming the Nigerians: www.419eater.com

It gets pretty entertaining!

Jim Blankenship, CFP, EA
Blankenship Financial Planning, Ltd.
www.BlankenshipFinancial.com
Standard IRS Circular 230 Notice Applies
Post Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:18 pm
Jay

Originally posted by BlankenshipFP
There's a website dedicated to scamming the Nigerians: www.419eater.com

It gets pretty entertaining!

It amazes me what some people will to screw others. Wow!
Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
xboxundone

Yes this scam has been around for a while the sad part is people actually fall for it!!!

Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:57 pm
Mmmamma

Re: The Nigerian Scam  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Capitalist
[...]

I love that you did this. Hilarious.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:46 pm
Stoney

Location: Chicago, IL
scam  Reply with quote

It absolutely amazes me what lengths people will go too for a free handout. A single buddy of mine has been confronted by people on dating sites even! It is out of hand!
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:47 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Andrew
Admin

Location: Texas

Those 419eater.com people are pretty crazy with their zeal for stringing these folks along...

The "Pantomine Horse" contest was interesting!
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:19 pm
Keiron.A.Graffie

Location: Trenton,New Jersey,USA

I wasn't watching were I was walking & felled into the deal. I was offered
$5,000,000.00/$20,000,000 & loss -$600.00 in investment! :_(
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:39 am
khorne55

I get at least one of these email scams a week. Along with fake Paypal emails saying my account is going to be deleted. amazing
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:34 am
Andrew
Admin

Location: Texas

Yeah, phishing is way up.

Phake emails from PayPal, Citi, Citizens, WAMU, Regions, all the time...

Beware!
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:06 pm
paymentprocessed

Nigeria  Reply with quote

Those scams have run rampant on the internet--always from a different country, supposedly verified by a news source. They can't be trusted!
Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:07 am