Mad Mony

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Investing, Stocks and Bonds

Author Thread
marty12

About Cramer's show  Reply with quote

There's this thing called a disclaimer at the beginning of his show. It says that your investments may lose significant value and that he is not responsible for any losses you may incur. As a responsible investor, you have to realize that this is simply a TV show. Take a look at the 52-week ranges of nearly every stock he recommends. They're almost all at the top of their ranges. If you're going to watch his show, pay attention to the advice that he gives and the reasons he gives for the sectors/stocks that he likes. It's actually good advice, but it just comes too late. The specific stocks that he recommends aren't the best ones in those fields. I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about - the man worked for Goldman Sachs and went to Harvard - he's a genius - but you still have to make decisions for yourself, not let him do it. After all, what does he have to lose? It's his TV show. He does this for the ratings - he couldn't care less about what happens to your money.
Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:58 pm
moneymktmike

Jim cramer  Reply with quote

Keep in mind his job now is to sell air, that's right ad space. He picks stock with the most hype and touts them. He has an overprised education and seems to leave out all the negatives in his career profile. The only thing he is good at is yelling and selling air.
Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:02 pm
JBendar

Location: Woodbridge, New Jersey
About Cramer's Show  Reply with quote

Sarah:

You make a good point. Cramer has such a big influence on his viewers that they buy just based on his comments. If you listen to the comments the people make who call him, some are very astute in what they say. If anyone has read "Confessions of a Street Addict", you will understand that he is obsessed with the market. It is wise to do your own "homework" as he states. There is a member here that has a link to Cramer's picks. It is interesting to see what the track record of his picks are. The only negative thing I can say about his show is that he gives too many buy recommendations, otherwise his show is great.

JBendar
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:31 pm
Ibez

Location: Colorado

I personally think apple will almost always be a bad buy..
The main apple customer is schools, it just isn't popular enough.
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
xboxundone

Re: About Cramer's Show  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by sarah
Joel,

A few points. First, if you read back thru the thread, you'll find that Cramer himself keeps his own track record on his site. I praised that.

If you read back, you'll also see that I read his latest tome. I didn't praise that.

The show gives alot of buy recommendations cause he can't get sued for that. Telling people to sell a company tends to "bother" that company, particularly if it results in a loss of shareholder "value". As we have seen, his voice alone can significantly raise or lower the equity price.

Yes i agree it is impressive he has some impartial trackers. another site that i watch that lists his stock picks is www.cramers-mad-money.com

Post Tue May 30, 2006 12:51 am
franks74

Location: Franklin Lakes

I love how you can't get rich quick, it's all about hard work baby!
Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next