Is Tempurpedic toxic?

Flar

Location: USA, New York
Is Tempurpedic toxic?  Reply with quote

I mean this type of matresses, are they really totally safe for health? I need to buy a new one and I'm thinking about one of them. Would be greateful for responses!
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:55 pm
RedStar

It's a popular question in case of all memory-foam matresses, especially considering how much time in general we spend sleeping. The main problem there is with possible synthetic chemicals and toxic materials which can be used for making such matresses.
But in general the biggest amount of such models (including the one you've already mentioned) is totally safe, only some their components can cause allergic reactions for some people. Because of that it's often recommended to check about the trial period before getting the one for you.
The most important factors in this case are the type of flame retardant used to fireproof the material, the amount of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and the general foam’s components Exclamation
The most dangerous ones are in this case tetrachoroethane and chlorofluorocarbons but they're banned in many countries and aren't used for making tempur-pedic matresses for example https://sleepmentor.net/tempur-pedic-mattress-reviews/.
Also while choosing any matress you should pay attention on:
- is it a plant-based or made from petroleum (the last one is bad for our health)
- is it made with MDI or TDI (the first one is considered safer)
- how the mattress achieves anti-flammability standards (for example kevlar fabrics is a good choice for reducing chemicals https://www.sleepjunkie.org/are-memory-foam-mattresses-safe/ )
- are there any testing standards applicable to the mattress
Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm
Garson

The best way to find it out is to ask a professional. I mean any pharmacist or a doctor. But if you want to know it without going outside then online pharmacy reviews is your choice. Find here any medicine you interest and read about it.
Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:06 pm