The Internet is Threatened Again

The Internet is Threatened Again  Reply with quote

Those bad boys (and bad girls) in Washington, DC, are at it yet again, threatening to destroy the internet as we know it here: the last bastion of truly free speech. Not to mention several other rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

If you are concerned, read this please:

https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=9048&sample_rate=0.1&snippet_name=4014

The bill is scheduled for another vote in April.

~Tim~

Last edited by coaster on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:04 am

Wow, that sucks. I understand the importance of security, but privacy is also very important too. I hope 10 years from now, we are not "remembering the good old days" when the Internet was a place you could feel free to speak your mind and express opinions.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:20 am

I emailed my Congressman to vote against CISPA.

The vote is currently scheduled for Thursday, April 18.

~Tim~
Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 am
LottomagicZ4941

Location: Earth

I was wishing this was going to be old. But it looks like it is a current thread;(

Non promotional Facebook Jail regular forum inquiry
Promotional post in advert section for new Facebook group for those building a downline
Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:00 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

CISPA passed the House today. It still can be shut down in the Senate and President Obama has threatened to veto it.

This is the roll call:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll117.xml

Find your representative in the list. Did he/she vote yea or nea? My representative, the idiot jerk who I shall not name here, voted yea, and when he runs again I shall most certainly vote for his opponent, whoever that may be and whatever party they may belong to. These jerks keep chipping away at our liberties on behalf of their big-money campaign contributors and they think we don't notice? They think we're too stupid to know? Arrogant bastards, all of them. They should all be voted out next election. I'm damn tired of this government by special interest.

~Tim~
Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:40 am

They call it a "fairness" bill, but it seems to be a money grab so bloated gov't budgets can continue to be funded.

Post Fri May 03, 2013 4:36 am
imago

I thought they already abolish it. Sad Let's just hope that they do the right thing not to pass the bill on the congress to be a legislative law.
Post Thu May 09, 2013 6:37 am
casde

this sounds really bad,it sucks!
Post Fri May 17, 2013 5:15 pm
lowriskinc

Location: Tampa, FL

How can they do this? The U.S. doesn't OWN the Internet.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:40 am