Unbanning Systems

Windevoid

Location: Michigan, USA
Unbanning Systems  Reply with quote

I notice that I have gotten banned a lot in the past from various forums for stupid reasons.

Like "Spamming" when the forum explicitly requires 20 replies before you can post anything, and another that thought I was advertising when I definitely wasn't, and another that seem to have made my account disappear.

Do any websites at all have unbanning systems?

Shouldn't they all have unbanning systems.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:29 pm

The forum moderators and administrators are the unbanning systems at any and all forums.

Forum moderators and administrators seldom ban members for "stupid" reasons. They would not retain their banning powers for long if they did that. I suggest that the reasons you felt you were banned were "stupid" are because you didn't know what the forum rules were, which vary considerably from one forum to the next. New members cannot assume that the rules are the same everywhere, nor can they assume that "spam" is considered to be the same everywhere. Every forum is a unique community and members that don't fit in to the community by observing the rules will sooner or later find themselves no longer welcome.

~Tim~
Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:24 am

The best advice I can give is read the rules before you post. You should do this for every forum you join. There are still ways you can promote and follow the rules.

For example, I am responding to the topic of this thread and I have a link to my site in my signature. I am not spamming. I'm trying to provide a helpful response.

Reply to the topics of existing threads and contribute to them. If you are an active helpful member, people will notice that in time and they may check out your signature.

Forum posting can also be fun and it's a great way to network and communicate with others. Smile

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:35 am